.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ashley's Trips

This blog initially began as a way for me to share my backpacking adventures through Europe with my friends and family back home. It continues to document my new adventures even though I have returned...

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bordeaux, France


After an overnight train from Porto we found ourselves in Bordeaux, France. We spent the first day walking around the Christmas Market and flea market. I contemplated this wooden penguin but alas there was no place to put it in my luggage. Its a shame too because I'm sure any of my friends and family would have been pleased to receive a large wooden pengiun for Christmas. Sorry guys!





To get out of the rain (again) we found a small cinema that played movies in English. Our one and only choice was A History of Violence; not recommended but it certainly helped pass the time.









The Christmas Market was hands down my favorite section of the city. It was right down the street from where we were staying. Here I am eating a solid breakfast of espresso and seared fois gras on a baguette. So good.









This St. Someone's Cathedral in the downtown area. They have officially all begun to run together. I can't for the life of me remember the name but it was really very pretty and below is a picture of their giant organ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home