.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ashley's Trips

This blog initially began as a way for me to share my backpacking adventures through Europe with my friends and family back home. It continues to document my new adventures even though I have returned...

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Geneva, Switzerland


We took another overnight train to Geneve. It was cold in Switzerland to say the very least but the city was really fun to walk around.











Here is a picture of the famous jet spray that spurts up in Lake Geneve. You aren't missing anything by the way... as it turns out the jet isn't turned on in the month of December. Some touristy things just weren't happening while we were there. I guess December isn't the main tourist season. Who knew?





















The Christmas market had a makeshift cafe that served fondue. We sat for lunch and had swiss fondue and some wine. It was sleeting a bit but we were covered by an overhang and the server gave us blankets for our laps to help against the cold.








Marianne finally did some laundry while we were there and was very excited about the prospect of having fresh socks. I decided against clean clothes and instead bought new socks. Who needs a clean shirt anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home