.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ashley's Trips

This blog initially began as a way for me to share my backpacking adventures through Europe with my friends and family back home. It continues to document my new adventures even though I have returned...

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Salzburg Sightseeing


Christmas is apparently a pretty big deal in Austria. We came across a couple holiday stores but this one was by far the largest. I took a few pictures (mainly to show my mom) but thought I'd include one to show everyone. It was five floors of packed rooms like this one. It took all of my willpower not to go completely nuts in there. I had to keep telling myself "you will have to carry it on and off trains..."




There was a large festival going on while we were there. This was the screen that we saw a very strange Mozart Opera that included a song sung to a shoe the size of a baguette. Yeah, we didn't get it either~










I can't figure out how to rotate this picture so you will just have to look at it sideways. I took this to show what most of the day looked like for me. That is to say that Marianne walks a lot faster than me so I was consistently a good 10 feet behind her the entire time. I consider myself more of a stroll-er, I like to take in the scenery a bit slower than most people.





This is part of the walk up to the Salzburg castle. Why did everything have to be built on top of a hill? I was passed up more than once by a woman wearing high heels. Those European women are crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home