.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ashley's Trips

This blog initially began as a way for me to share my backpacking adventures through Europe with my friends and family back home. It continues to document my new adventures even though I have returned...

Saturday, November 12, 2005

If I never see Malaga again...

How we ever made our train yesterday to Madrid, I will never know... We started off the morning fighting with the condo dryer. I had woken up early to put the laundry in the dryer and three hours later it still was not dry. The washing machine wouldn´t drain either and all of our clothes were sopping wet. Finally we got them dry enough for travel about a half hour after we should have hit the road to return the rental car. Then, I completely miss the exit for the car rental place and we have to drive another 5-10 minutes before I can exit and turn the car around. Then, we take a local train to the main train station and start off on the wrong track. We figure this out prior to getting on the wrong train (thank heavens) but I manage to suggest getting off at the wrong stop. Marianne blindly follows me (fool that she is) and we end up in downtown Malaga and have no idea where the train station is from there. We stop in a hotel and ask for directions then walk down the wrong street, ask someone else for directions, backtrack a few blocks and then finally make it to the station. I validate my ticket and we make it on the train with minutes to spare. How did we do this? An angel must have been looking down on us yesterday because I tried everything in my power to miss that stupid train...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home