.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ashley's Trips

This blog initially began as a way for me to share my backpacking adventures through Europe with my friends and family back home. It continues to document my new adventures even though I have returned...

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Budapest Touristy Day

This is a view from one of the bridges of the Danube River and the Pest side. One thing we learned after arriving was that Budapest is actually divided by the Danube into Buda and Pest.









We went to the underground labrynth that runs underneath the castle and part of the city. It has apparently been there for ages and was later used for military reasons. They said that it was built to be able to hold thousands of people in case of an attack. It was very dark. I took some pictures just so that we could see on my camera what we were supposed to be looking at in the labrynth. It would have made my mom extremely clausterphobic.




This is the chain bridge. It is a pedestrian walkway that has vendors and artists down the entire length of it.











This is the Budapest Parliament building. It was really amazing to look at in the evening when it was all lit up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home