.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ashley's Trips

This blog initially began as a way for me to share my backpacking adventures through Europe with my friends and family back home. It continues to document my new adventures even though I have returned...

Monday, October 10, 2005

Interlaken, Switzerland

So, Crystal and I had to go our seperate ways after Lake Como. She had to get back to Germany because her interrail pass was running out, she had to get back to work and see her honey. Plus I think laundry was in order. The morning of October 10th we rode on a train together as fas as Luzern and then I went to Interlaken and she rode and additional 8 hours back to Bielefeld.


First Impression: Interlaken is definitely not a bad place to venture on your own. Look at how beautiful it is! I spent the first day walking around the town and then hanging out at the hostel. The weather was perfect and the town was quiet and not intimidating at all.








I stayed at a place called Balmers. It is a huge hostel in the middle of town with a bar, club, pool tables, restaurant etc. These are a few guys that I met the first night. Dave (the Brit) is covering his face, then a guy from Sweden who was walking to Spain (craziness), a guy from Alaska and an Aussie.

I would like to point out that I kicked the Swed's butt in a game of pool. I have not lost my touch!




Dave enjoying his favorite meal: schnitzel!













I couldn't resist taking this picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home