.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ashley's Trips

This blog initially began as a way for me to share my backpacking adventures through Europe with my friends and family back home. It continues to document my new adventures even though I have returned...

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Hostel From Hell



Our first night in Prague we found ourselves in a hostel on the wrong side of the tracks. I'm fairly certain there were some people selling crack on the corner. We were not impressed but couldn't find another place for the evening. The next morning we promptly packed up our stuff, ate the complimentary breakfast of watered down coffee, stale bread and dodgy looking yogurt (okay may be not the yogurt) and spent the morning tracking down a new place to stay. Here is a picture of Marianne calling around to hostels to see if we could get in somewhere. The other picture is taken of the luggage storage room. As Marianne put it, "They should be ashamed of themselves" it was disgusting to say the very least.

OUR SAFE HAVEN

We found a new place to stay that was full of it's own quirks but at least it was clean and in a nice part of town. Here is a picture of our private room. I'm not sure if you can tell but the ceilings were a smidgen low. In fact, we couldn't both stand up straight at the same time in the room but again, let me point out how CLEAN everything looks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home