.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ashley's Trips

This blog initially began as a way for me to share my backpacking adventures through Europe with my friends and family back home. It continues to document my new adventures even though I have returned...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Alba D Oro Camping Village (Venice, Italy)

Crystal and I made it to Venice, Italy by early evening on the 22nd of September. We sat on the steps in front of the train station, watching the sun slowly fade and the shuttle boats cruise by in the grand canal. It was at this moment that we thought to ourselves, "where are we going to stay tonight?" Luckily some fellow backpackers from the States were seated three steps in front of us and helped us find a place. We stayed at a Camping hostel (next to the airport about a 20 minute drive from the city center) where people could use their own gear, rent a bungalow or stay in a tent they provided with cots. So, I can honestly say that I have been camping in Venice. This was very funny especially after I found a worm in my bed and then when the airplanes started flying over about 5AM.